10.15.2004

birthday

sheesh. if you've written me off for blogging inconsistency, i'll understand.

today was the birthday of... 4 new songs. I played them at a coffee house in front of an audience (besides my wife) for the first time. the verdict: good. i had really good responses to a couple of them. and my percussionist Josh rocked the whole night. i had no recorded version of any of the songs - so he heard all four of them for the first time yesterday during practice. now i'm really stoked to try them out during worship.

all in all, there were probably no more than 30 people there tonight. but the vibe was so sweet and chill, it didn't matter. plus, we got to have some of louann's famous cinnamon buns (easily as yummy as a Cinnabon, but homemade). mmm... cinnamon buns.

speaking of birthdays, the big three-O is coming up for you-know-who. really excited about that one.

more on gigs, work and recording to come. tomorrow night me and nate open for jonah33....


No comments: