11.03.2004

back to the studio (your opinion, please)

i'm so stoked. just got back from the recording studio of a new friend. he is the producer for a worship CD that's being recorded among all the foursquare churches in AZ.

he said he wants to use one or two of my songs for the worship CD! and he wants me to play some guitar parts for the other songs that have been recorded.

this is so much an answer to prayers. the song he said would definitely fit on the CD is one i just wrote in august. i've been praying for God to provide me a way to record some of these new songs without having to pay for the musicians and studio time. this is just like Him to make a blessing happen this way. i just met the guy last month at a retreat.

what's starting to feel wierd is this: God blessed me by giving me this opportunity. and I am very thankful. yet there are people with whom i've talked and shared my vision for worship, songwriting, and recording over the past year - and i never really heard they were still looking for songs for the CD until last month when i ran into this guy. meantime, a few specific people have known what God is calling me to do, and have known that this CD project has been under way for almost 2 years, but have never told me about it. sheesh, am i whiny and bitter!

so should i call them out on it? if they comment about the CD or my song, should I tell them it would have been nice for them to mention it to me instead of leaving me to find out about it on my own? your opinions are welcome.

No comments: