5.12.2005

recording

well then. seems it's been a bit long since i last boasted, er... posted.

this week we did pre-production for 7 songs from my (God-willing) new album. it took me about 6 hours to set up and record everything - from miking every member of the band, to mixing on-the-fly, to getting my 4-track to work.

aside from a few compressor glitches, and the fact that no one else in the band could hear my vocal but me, all wen't pretty darn well. lead guitar sounded kinda hot in the mix, but otherwise i'm happy with some decent demos as sketches of these songs emerge. also, during two really great takes, we ran out of tape - artists unknowingly running out of canvas, then trying to re-create the magic.

if songwriting/performing is like bearing and raising children, where writing the song is conceiving - recording is definitely labor.

maybe i should have a baby dedication for my 10 new children in the fall?

No comments: