10.18.2005

done recording... another setback

as of today, we're done with recording for the album!

jj heller and her husband, dave, came over to record the final few vocals for the album. i've already mixed 3 songs - 10 more to mix in the next few days. i'm so thankful to the Big Man. yippeee!

today I realized another setback though. my mastering dude no longer works with the same company. he might not even be doing mastering anymore. I liked him so much - and the work he did on my last album was amazing. not to mention, he was the cheapest person with a dedicated mastering studio i'd ever met.

having to choose another mastering studio/engineer will most likely cost me 3-4 times what my other guy would have cost. there might be good news about who I end up choosing though. we'll keep ya posted. meantime, if you get a minute, please pray for us as we mix and master over the next few weeks. thanks so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wahba! Sorry to hear of these setbacks. I wanted to let you know that I have had the privilege of hearing some of these recordings, and I am very impressed. I had high expectations, but your efforts go beyond what I imagined. Extremely creative arrangements and outstanding musical performance. I can't wait for the finished product. Congratulations, Kris