11.30.2005

violated


what you're looking at is the remains of my car stereo. this morning, as I finished my ER shift at 5am, I walked out to my vehicle, turned off the car alarm (which was still blinking, reassuring me of a "secure" vehicle), and looked right into my 4Runner through the shattered driver's side window. someone had just been burglin' my truck!

our hospital security said they had just ridden by my vehicle about 10 minutes earlier and everything looked fine. there was really nothing of any value inside... besides the radio. the vandals pretty much only made off with the face plate (which I'm sure was well worth their time and effort). but in the process, they mangled the rest of my radio.

so here I sit (already awake at 10am after getting home at 6am). thinking about how to squeeze car stereo/window repair into my already busy schedule this week. and about how I'm going to get all that glass out of my car!

two more thoughts. (1) I still have yet to figure how to get crowder out from inside this faceless box; and (2) maybe a new car radio with input for an ipod would make me feel better?

1 comment:

Tom said...

Bummer 'bout the radio dude. Had my Sony mp3 player (hooked up with fm transmitter) and cell phone ripped off 3 months ago. Wrestled with my concsience about the cost of upgrading the head unit, but finally justified it to myself by realizing that listening to worship tunes to/from work is mainly how I practice for upcoming Hope Chapel NC worship. The new stereo (and upgraded speakers) made it a pleasure to learn "Every Good Thing". Thanks for the tune, dude. Keep rockin' for our Lord!
Tom Bernhardt