2.28.2006

02.24.06 - ember gig


yes, that's right, I said ember. true, they're the ones that beat us for first place in the controversial Crash Competition. but hey, they're good guys with great tunes.

they called me wednesday afternoon and asked me to play with them in California friday night. so I learned all 5 of their songs in 48 hours, we practiced the whole set once as a full band and we played!

it was for a good cause too - the silver ring thing is put on by the same folks who did true love waits (which Jodi did for me - woo hoo!). silver ring thing needed a band and called ember. ember needed a guitarist and called me. now look who's back in the 'circle of trust.'



this is a photo of the bass king, jonathan at border patrol (which was set up on the AZ-CA border for some reason), where we encountered a dog with a sense of smell so keen that it could smell imaginary drugs in our vehicle. after a stern lecture from border patrol, we emptied our pockets and they searched our packed vehicle for... whatever the dog smelled, and came up with nothing. i swear, we don't "puff the magic dragon" (last Meet the Parents reference, I promise)....



kinda blurry, but it says "Rockstars, $2.00" - more like a dime a dozen :p

No comments: