9.05.2006

farewell, dear stratocaster

today, I said goodbye to my strat. I've had it for over 12 years now - my longest guitar relationship. we had good times and bad. we laughed, we cried.

I held on to it because it played so well and had such great hardware on it (locking tuners, a rolling nut, lace sensor pickups). and everyone I talked to that ever owned a stratocaster said they regretted the day they got rid of theirs.

so, I guess I may regret today... someday. but for now, peace out and nice to know ya! hope the dude from craigslist enjoys playing you. your replacement should arrive early next week!

2 comments:

ashdown said...

we all know you might miss the sentimental value - but not the tone...come on - let's be real - the tele and the les paul are all you need. and you know it...

Unknown said...

thanks for the reassurance! you're like the friend that says "you didn't need her anyway" after a bad breakup.