3.01.2007

moving... somewhere


for those of you who don't know, the wahba's are moving. to exactly where we don't know. but the above picture creates somewhat of a situation.

i can't believe this is a picture of a home I (used to) own! here's the lowdown: we put the house up on the local market at a reasonable price - not too greedy. in hopes that we might sell by May and most likely move outta the AZ.

within 24 hours, we had 2 offers, both of which were at the asking price. with the buyer, we were able to negotiate, no doubt with the strength of the Big Guy, to stay in our house, rent & mortgage free, for 1 1/2 months after we close.

so now we're trying to figure out where to go. the obvious choice is North Carolina. and that's where we'll probably end up. but I don't have a job there. and as you'll recall we have a 4-month old guest staying with us. a guest that has certain living requirements... such as having at least one parent with a job. I've put in my notice at work and we're praying for God to show us what to do next.

so before Marlow chimes in with his "austin is so beautiful this time of year" comments, we'll go ahead and say we'd like to at least be in the same time zone as our families (EST). someplace that preferably employs PAs or wanna-be rockstar worship leaders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My case for Austin and why I know God has called you here. (well, why I hope God gas called you here)

Ok, I'll be praying for you guys...

to move to Austin.

I'll be praying for you guys...

to get jobs in Austin.

I'll be praying for you guys...

to get plenty of worship gigs in Austin. (I have soooo many connections, ya know--friends in high worship places. Last night my pastor hung out with Leeland, Crowder sang in my pastors wedding, Spur58 our good friends with my pastor, our worship leader has close to 200 bookings already this year.)

You have built-in babysitters.

There is a private Christian college where that really needs some quality profs!

As for the time zone thingy:

We have planes, trains and automobiles that will gladly transport you east.

------

Ok, I guess I'll just pray that God will speak to you guys...

to move to Austin

Shalom