12.10.2004

microsoft good... gateway bad.

i spent two hours on the phone/internet between gateway and microsoft. somehow, my windows XP disc got lost. and it's definitely time to re-format the 80 gig.

so i call microsoft who tells me that i need to call gateway. i spend 1 1/2 hours in a tech support chat room with gateway who finally tell me that i really need to be talking to customer service, not tech support. customer service says it's microsoft that should handle it. finally, i got a supervisor at microsoft to give in and send me an extra copy of XP.

funny thing about the conversation at gateway. at one point i asked "microsoft would give me a new copy of this if i'd bought it directly from them - but you won't - as a customer, are my expectations too high?" they wouldn't answer.

No comments: