7.14.2005

phoneless

yesterday my cell phone was stolen.

i accidentally left it out on our table at the wave pool where we took my sister and her family. we're guessing it was a young kid - a bunch of them came on two busses - and an adult would know that it wasn't worth very much.

not worth much to anyone else but me, that is.

so we'll see how well I am at detaching myself from such things. from technology, instant communication, and my whole phonebook at the touch of a button. funny how we become used to these conveniences.

sprint has been pretty good about it though. after first calling my own phone (got my voicemail - that's how i know it's stolen because I left it on and fully charged about an hour before i realized it was gone), i called to suspend it so no one could call from it. they told me no one had made any phone calls from it. then, they enabled a feature on my account that would allow me some $$ toward a new phone since it wasn't insured.

No comments: