6.30.2006

ups and downs

well the past few months have definitely been a roller coaster re: the worship ministry. in December i hired a radio promoter to push a song from my CD to national radio in hopes of getting the thing some exposure. i was also approached by a record label with a contract for a new album, national distribution, and high-level radio promotion. things were looking up.

since then, the radio promoter has done very little to get my song to track and I've seen little to no results from it. I'd paid him $500 (which is actually cheap for national radio promotion) to promote me to radio after a trusted friend referred me to him. as of now, his website is down and he will not return any of my phone calls.

with the label, I finally received a contract in March and was having a really good (read: expensive) music lawyer from nashville look it over. when my attorney went to negotiate the contract, the guy at the head of the label wouldn't return his phone calls.

next thing I knew, we were hearing stories from bands who'd already signed with the label that he'd "run off" with their money. at present time, the label guy who contacted me in December has changed all his phone numbers and the label website is down. guess I should be happy I didn't actually sign with them!

but things are getting better as of yesterday. I'm signing on with indieheaven for a little radio promotion and for their new booking agency.

we also had a great gig opening for by the tree last night. me and my boys played our little hearts out. all the guys in By The Tree were so sweet. each one of them complimented our band's energy and songs. the lead singer and bass player offered to get a copy of my CD to their label rep.

I'm really thankful for so much that God's given me/us. just trying not to lose perspective. my close friend and (soon ex-) lead guitarist (punK!) suggested I take a fast from the whole worship thing. I'm praying about doing just that at the end of the summer.... would you hold me to it?

No comments: