6.09.2005

record mode

been recording like crazy - well at least like it drives Jodi crazy. see i get into what we call "record mode." that's where yours truly can go for days without shaving/bathing/moving. i'm stuck in front of the microphone or the PC where i do all my recording. i'll break to use the bathroom or get some water. but i'm pretty much useless otherwise.

i think there's a certain aroma and hairstyle that go with record mode too, but i'm not sure. i've only seen one other person in the midst of record mode other than me, and that's rob watson.

anyhoo, Jodi always loves it. right. it's tough for me. i can't sit and watch a movie or lay in bed or mow the lawn or take a shower when i know there are tracks sitting, lonely, waiting for more vocals, more guitars, more cowbell.

finished lots of guitar tracks today. also finished most of the instrumentation for an acoustic/tribal version of one of my songs that'll probably be a bonus track on the album. maybe a B-side on one of my U.K. singles! neal "silky smooth" leazer is playing bass on pretty much all the songs. i hope he plays bass on every one of my albums as long as i live.

No comments: