9.27.2004

drums, prayer voyage and radio interview

yesterday i led worship from the drums. pretty crazy. considering i haven't played a set in front of people in about 10 years - and I've never had to sing/lead worship AND play drums simultaneously. i feel like we were all witnesses to a miracle. kinda chaotic and nerve-wracking. Jodi didn't even realize i played drums....

last week i almost blew a big worship opportunity. i slacked on calling a pastor to confirm a worship spot for an outdoor/outreach in downtown Phoenix. by the time i called him, he'd already had 3 soloists, a full band, and 5 speakers scheduled for a 5-hour event. he simply didn't have the time or stage space for me and my guys. but after a little persistence, he kindly said he'd find a way to let me play. also helped that his mom liked my CD....

and finally, i'm gearing up for my first radio interview this week. it's this friday, 10.1.04, at 6.00pm on 1360AM. it's actually a christian talk radio station. the local radio personality/talk host, Tom Brown is starting to spotlight different local christian artists for the show. MAD props to dave heller (JJ Heller's husband) for the hook-up.

i just know i'm gonna make a dork of myself on the radio. feel free to listen in on the fun - you'll have some new material to make fun of me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi wahba , great post. I really like what you have to say where do you get your ideas from? I have my own website all about free karaoke songs take a look if you like.