9.17.2004

playin' out

great week! i had the chance to play electric with Nathan Finfrock's band last week. we closed out a night of chill christian acoustic artists. i broke my E string during the last song and had to do the closing solo on only 5 strings. i only think a few people noticed.

tonight I'm doing a worship set, opening for Brandon Reid Allen - a local indie christian artist who just got offerred a record deal. trying to get a band has been so crazy. we were only able to practice once yesterday before our worship gig tonight. but the guys are good - and i'm excited to be leading worship from my Les Paul.

and this sunday, i play hooky from crosspointe to do a "spesh" (special music) at desert springs foursquare church in Chandler.

but all is well. I'm booked pretty frequently (although not lucratively) through november. and I'm on the verge of having a stockpile of great musicians available to play with me. coming down the pike, i already have plans to lead worship with:

  • power trio worship (me on my gibson, then bass and drums)
  • acoustic worship with me and a stand-up bass player - maybe a drummer with brushes
  • hip-hop worship - me on acoustic with DJ Cre One layin' down the beats

No comments: