9.20.2004

weekend gigs

friday was so sweet. ours was the opening band for Brandon Reid Allen - thanks B! i think it went over really well. there were about 100 people there. I sold 8 CDs (woo hoo!). considering we only practiced once together, the guys (Josh and Louie) rocked the set. i think the song choices and visuals went over pretty well too.

i'd still love to integrate moving visual backgrounds, communion, and interactive prayer-worship into my sets someday soon.

then sunday, i sat in for 'special music' at desert springs. the guys on the worship team learned "tug on my heart" off an internet download and surprised me by being my human karaoke. i did that one song in each of two services and still sold 4 CDs.

selling CDs is such a surreal experience. the fact that people would reach into their pockets, pull out their hard-earned cash, and pay me for a product containing songs that i wrote (or co-wrote) is a strange and humbling phenomenon. especially when some of them do it after hearing only one song. thanks god, for the mystery of your blessings.




No comments: